Alternative Law Journal Online Edition Terms and Conditions
- Last Updated on 07 February 2012
Alternative Law Journal/Legal Service Bulletin Co-operative Ltd. (referred to as 'the Publisher' throughout) offers access to Alternative Law Journal Online Edition (AltLJ OE) on the following Terms and Conditions. Please read this document carefully before proceeding. The Publisher reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time. http://www.altlj.org is referred to as 'the website' in this document.
AltLJ OE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
If you proceed and become an AltLJ OE subscriber, you acknowledge that:
- you buy access to AltLJ OE only for the duration of your subscription;
- this subscription is for personal use only;
- you will not permit third parties to access AltLJ OE either gratis or for a charge;
- if the Publisher discovers that your account has been regularly opened by other users, we will require you to convert your individual subscription into an institutional (group) subscription, at a different subscription rate;
- you are wholly responsible for the security and confidentiality of your Username and password, and you will not reveal these details to others or publish them;
- the price of any subscription service is subject to change at any time.
ONLINE PAYMENT SECURITY
AltLJ OE SUBSCRIPTION PERIODS
AltLJ OE subscribers will pay the relevant subscription prices in advance.
A one-year subscription is an agreement whereby the subscriber joins and has access to AltLJ OE for a period of 12 months (i.e. four issues). A one-year subscription gives subscribers full access to digital content, including any online back issues.
The Publisher will not invoice subscribers on a recurring basis. A renewal notice will be issued by email prior to the expiration of the subscription period. Subscribers will need to take action to confirm they wish to renew their current subscription.
AltLJ does not give refunds.
Use of AltLJ OE is at the subscriber’s own risk. The Publisher makes no representation or warranty about, or shall be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damages or reliance in connection with AltLJ OE, its use, its content or any products or services referred to in AltLJ OE or on the website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- reliance on AltLJ OE content (including third-party material and advertisements), regardless of any editorial measures taken by us;
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on AltLJ OE or the website. Links are provided for the convenience of users only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites. Unless otherwise stated, linked sites and their products and services are not endorsed by the Publisher and your linking to any such site is at your own risk;
- the provision of credit card or other financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on the website.
CONTINUED SITE AVAILABILITY AND ACCESS
The Publisher will do whatever it can to offer unbroken access to AltLJ OE and the website generally, but it cannot guarantee this. The Publisher reserves the right to alter fees for access to AltLJ OE.
AltLJ OE incorporates cookies. If you do not have cookies activated in your web browser, some functions of the site may not operate fully.
You indemnify the Publisher, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third-party content providers and licensors from and against all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by you or by us as a direct or indirect consequence of your accessing, using or transacting on this site or your attempts to do so or any breach by you or your agents of these Terms.
COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The material in AltLJ OE and on the website is protected by copyright under the Australian Copyright Act 1968 (‘the Act’) and, through international treaties, in other countries. Copyright in articles and images appearing in AltLJ OE and on the website remains with each third-party contributor. Otherwise all rights (including copyright) in the content and compilation of these web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved, by the publisher:
Alternative Law Journal/Legal Service Bulletin Co-operative Ltd. (ABN 92 072 564 310)
c/- Law Faculty, Monash University Vic 3800
Telephone: +61 3 9905 3362
Facsimile: +61 3 9905 5305
You are authorised to download and view content for your own personal, non-commercial use but you must not, without the prior written permission of the publisher, exploit any of our site materials for commercial purposes. And except as permitted under the Act, no part of AltLJ OE or the website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, communicated or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission.